1. If you’re using a VX520 terminal and are seeing a ‘CAPK Expired’ error message, please click here.
2. A critical Verifone update was required by May 30, 2020 for all VeriFone VX520, VX680 and VX820 terminals. If your terminals do not have the latest update, you could experience disruptions in payment processing due to a systematic issue that cannot be prevented.
To ensure your terminal has the latest update, here’s what you’ll need to do:
Perform a settlement for SoftPay and for any applicable Gift Card or Loyalty applications.
Click here for VX520 or VX680/VX820 instructions, to download the correct version to your terminal. If your terminal is up-to-date, a report will print that says, “Terminal is Up-To-Date”. If your terminal is not up-to-date, the download will begin to apply the necessary updates. A report will then automatically print, indicating that the update is complete (“Terminal is Up-To-Date”).
3. If you are currently experiencing an issue where your Verifone terminal is unable to return to the main menu, here's what you will need to do:
Click here for instructions to download the correct version to your terminal. After the download completes, the terminal will reboot on its own. When at the VMAC screen, select the corresponding F key next to the SoftPay option.
Keep in mind, when your terminal is set for automatic updates you should:
- Keep the terminal powered on to allow automatic updates
- Complete all settlements and pre-authorizations
- Allow the terminal to attempt to download anywhere from 3 to 5 times in a 25 minute span
- Remember, the time for downloads may vary depending on your connection
We are here to help!
If you have further questions, need more information, or terminal download support is required after following the above steps, please call us anytime at 1-800-265-5158.
You’re now leaving Chase
Chase's website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. Chase isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the Chase name.