Payment Brand Rules and Resources
As a merchant who processes payments, you are required to comply with payment brand rules and regulations. Learn more about the specific rules for each payment brand:
Payment Brand Interchange Rates
Use the links below to get interchange rates directly from the payment brands' websites:
Payment Brand Logos and Promotional Materials
You capture more potential sales when you display payment brand logos and promotional materials that your customers recognize. Go directly to the payment brand websites to download these materials using the links below:
- Visa logo
- MasterCard logo, guidelines and order stickers and POS promotional materials
- Interac logo
- Interac Online logo
- American Express® logo and order stickers and POS promotional materials
Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry
Chase understands that the total cost of payment acceptance can often times influence your daily business activity. As part of our commitment to advocate on behalf of our merchants, we played an active role in both the implementation and adoption phase of the Code of Conduct – the ultimate goal being to increase transparency and disclosure when it comes to the cost of accepting payments. This includes:
- Ensuring merchants are fully aware of the costs associated with accepting credit and debit card payments – thereby allowing merchants to reasonably forecast their monthly costs related to accepting such payments.
- Providing merchants with increased pricing flexibility to encourage consumers to choose the lowest cost-payment option.
- Allowing merchants to freely choose which payment options they accept.
We are committed to the Code of Conduct and continue to advocate on behalf of merchants everywhere.